Edmond North has the best faculty in the state! To contact a teacher, click on a department on the left-hand side of this page, or check out the alphabetical faculty listing.
2022-2023 Teacher of the Year
My name is Brandi Douglas-Clark. I am Oklahoma born and raised and have been a resident of Edmond for over twenty years. My husband Jeremy and I have three children and one ornery yorkie pup. I earned my undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Central Oklahoma – both in English with an emphasis in 20th- and 21st-century literature.
I have been a part of the Husky family for eight years. Prior to that, I taught in Luther, Oklahoma. I currently teach freshman and junior English Language Arts and serve as the Special Education Department Chair for the North campus.
My love and respect for public education and teaching come naturally. I am from a long line of educators. My mother and grandmother both worked in early childhood education programs; several aunts are teachers in public schools. I grew up surrounded by planning and grading and discussion.
I revel in sharing my love of literature with my students! Reading literature not only builds language, vocabulary, and writing skills but encourages critical thinking through analysis – something that is more important today than ever before – as our children are constantly navigating through streams of information.
What do I love about teaching and public education? So many things:
- building relationships and watching students mature into young adults!
- the “lightbulb moments” and celebrating their individual victories!
- providing a safe environment that supports academic and emotional growth!
- creating engaging and fun lessons and activities that can be differentiated for all my learners!
- transition planning for options following high school graduation!
- my fellow school staff who have become friends and allies in supporting all students and supporting one another!
The past several years have been challenging for teachers and families. As we continue to work towards new “normals” and balances, I say a little prayer each morning. Some days I ask for a little extra strength, others a little more patience. But…
Ultimately, I hope to be the teacher and adult that each child (including my own kids!) needs each day. I take that responsibility seriously and am so proud to be a part of the North family!