Edmond North Class of 2019 Calendar of Events
Sept. 14 Senior Pictures in the Auditorium – more information below
Sept. 21 First Senior Salute Deadline – more information below
Sept. 18-21 Homecoming Week
Oct. 15 9:30am Graduation presentation to the Senior Class in the Auditorium
- Information to order caps and gowns will be presented, gowns will be ordered
- Francis Tuttle and concurrent students may pick up a packet in the Counseling Office
Everyone planning to walk across the stage at graduation needs a cap and gown!
Oct. 25 and 26 9:00am – 1:00pm Graduation orders taken in the Front Foyer ($80 deposit required)
Oct. 25 5:00pm – 7:00pm Parent Night – parents can place orders, ask questions and make payments in the Front Foyer
Oct. 26 Second Senior Salute Deadline
Nov. 30 FINAL Senior Salute Deadline
Dec. 8 Last day to place cap/gown orders to avoid late fee assessment
March 25 and 26 9:30am – 1:00pm Graduation announcement delivery in the Front Foyer.
- Any balance due must be paid at this time. Orders must be picked up; they will not be delivered to classrooms. Cash and credit cards are the only form of payment accepted at time of delivery.
April 23 6:00pm Senior Robing Ceremony in the Auditorium
- Cap and gown will be handed out at 5:00pm in the Freshman Academy
- Remaining balances are due at this time if not already paid in full (cash or credit only)
- The robing ceremony is an opportunity for someone of importance in the senior’s life to help them put on their cap and gown for the first time. The senior asks the individual(s) they choose to be present this night. They can select anyone of their choice, such as parents, grandparents, siblings, coach, teacher, or other person they feel has had a significant influence on their life. They will pick up the cap and gown and line up in the auditorium together. There is a short program where each senior and the person robing them are called to the stage. At this time, the senior’s name is announced followed by the 3 most important accomplishments of the senior (they do not have to be school-related). A professional photographer will be at the event to take pictures as the senior is robed. After the ceremony is complete, everyone is invited to come on stage and take any pictures they wish to take. This is a great time to take cap/gown pictures of your senior and their friends.
- Appropriate dress – slacks and collared shirt, skirt and blouse, dresses
- Shorts, tank tops and very casual dress is not appropriate for this activity
April 27 Junior/Senior Prom
May 12 4:00 pm Baccalaureate sponsored by Edmond Ministerial Alliance, includes all three high schools (held at either Edmond Memorial or Edmond Santa Fe)
May 17 Senior Day and Graduation Practice
- 10:30 am – 2:00pm
- Brunch or Picnic (to be determined): Cost will be approximately $10-$15 per person (will be announced later in April)
May 18 6:00pm, Class of 2018 Graduation, Cox Convention Center
- Seniors must be in the line-up area by 5:00pm
Appropriate dress – slacks and collared shirt (tie optional), skirt and blouse, dresses
- Comfortable footwear as you will do a lot of walking
- No tennis shoes, flip flops, open toed shoes or jeans permitted
Anyone not adhering to the above guidelines will not be allowed to walk across the stage!
- All gown orders can be placed at www.jostens.com or 1-800-567-8367. (If this isn’t done by December, late fees will apply.)
- All dates, costs, etc are approximate and subject to change
- Updates & reminders will be sent out through Remind101. Text @ens2018 to 81010. (Please note: there is no “h” in the code.)
- Cords, cowls and medallions worn with cap and gowns must have been pre-approved by administration. Graduates may only wear one approved cowl. No flowers, jewelry, etc. may be worn on the outside of the gown or on the graduation cap. No decorating of caps allowed. If a graduate is wearing something not approved they will be asked to remove it. If they put it back on, they may be removed from the line before walking across the stage.
SENIOR PICTURE YEARBOOK INFORMATION
Sept 14 Senior Picture Day in the auditorium all day
- Pictures will be taken through English classes
- Concurrent and FT students who do not have an English class on campus may come anytime throughout the day when they are on campus
BEFORE they come to take their photo, they need the following information:
- If they have already taken photos over the summer with OSP or another studio, they need to make sure they have approved their final photo choice. OSP will send them automatically but if they used an outside studio, they will need to make sure the studio sends the school the photo.
- If they are planning to take photos on Sept. 14, they will need to follow the dress code: boys wear collared shirts/ties and girls wear appropriate shirts with necklines.
SENIOR SALUTES (Salute must be complete at the time of payment.)
- The first deadline is September 21.
- The second deadline is October 26.
- The FINAL deadline is November 30 (at myhjyearbooks.com).