FAFSA Information and Links
The FAFSA opens Oct 1 : Every student should apply to ensure that you don’t miss potential grants, scholarships or work study opportunities.
FAFSA Link to FAFSA.gov webpage directly
FAFSA Powerpoint: Everything you need to know.
Looking for Money Publication on: Paying for College with Grants, Scholarships and Federal Loans
FAFSA_Facts Publication on: Facts about the FAFSA
FAFSA_5_Steps Publication on: Finish the FAFSA in Five Steps
Oklahoma’s Promise is a financially based tuition scholarship that pays the cost of tuition for enrollment at a public Oklahoma college or university. It pays a portion of these costs for students that wish to attend a private school, as well as for courses at certain public technology centers.
Enrollment must be done when the student is in 8th, 9th or 10th grade (aged 13-15 for home-schooled students). The deadline each year is typically at the end of June, and applications are available each year in August. Check online for a current application.
Contact the counselor’s office if you have any questions.
Scholarship information is posted here and on the wall outside of the counseling office.
- Scholarships for Military Service Members and Student Veterans
- Going Merry– Great resource for being matched to scholarships and financial aid opportunities.
- OKCollegeStart.Org – Great platform for creating a college preparation portfolio and searching for scholarships.
- Oklahoma City Community Foundation. Application for scholarships open October 1. Essay required. Watch this video that walks a student through the OCCF application process.
- UCanGo2.org: Great website for scholarships listed by month.
- Fastweb’s Scholarship Directory: Also has an app for your phone.
- Scholarships.com: There is also an app for your phone.
- OCCC Tuition waivers and Scholarships
- Novoresume Scholarships List
- Scholarship Search U.S. Department of Labor Careeronestop.org
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search
- College Board – BigFuture.collegeboard.org
- Oklahoma Scholarship & Grant Programs
- Scholarship Guide for LGBTQ Students