We are excited to announce that ENHS and UCO are partnering again to offer Senior concurrent class opportunities on-campus at North. The following concurrent courses have been approved to be held at North during the indicated semester at the indicated times:
- English Composition I, 8:00 – 9:15 am
- Psychology, 9:30 – 10:45 am
- English Composition II, 8:00 – 9:15 am
- Speech, 9:30 – 10:45 am
The availability of these [on-ENHS campus] courses is dependent upon interest/enrollment in them, so be sure to use the link below ASAP to indicate your interest in taking these Concurrent Enrollment courses (if we do not meet a minimum enrollment number the courses will not make). Additionally, there is a maximum enrollment for the classes, so be sure to submit your information via the Google Form link below ASAP since enrollment in the classes is on a first come, first served basis. The Google Form must be accessed through the original email received in the student’s EPS Gmail account.
If you are legitimately interested in taking these Concurrent Enrollment options at North you will still need to complete the application process to be admitted to UCO (the only other you you need to do besides be admitted to UCO is submit your information via the Google Form link above). Students who complete the application process earliest will be placed in the requested course(s) first.
Steps for Concurrent Enrollment
Students and Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2022/2023!
Step 1 – Apply and be accepted
First, and foremost, please be aware that you must meet the following concurrent enrollment requirements to be eligible to enroll in concurrent enrollment coursework:
- You must have at least a 3.0 GPA and be ranked in the top 50% of your graduating class, or
- Score a 20 on your ACT composite score with at least a 19 on your Math and English section scores
- Will have accrued at least 19 high school credits by the end of this [2020-2021] academic school year
Regardless of if you are looking to enroll in summer or fall/spring concurrent enrollment coursework, your first step to begin the Concurrent Enrollment process is to apply and be accepted to your concurrent College/University of choice. At this point this is all you can really complete, so rest assured that you are right on track by completing this part of the process at this time. There may be college/university-specific forms that you will need to complete for that particular school, so be sure to print them for use later, but simply hang on to them until you are told specifically what to do with them.
You will need to visit the institution’s website and click through their application process. After you have completed the college/university application process, you will also need to request your high school transcript. Below are links and contact points that you can use to complete the application part of the process for the local, most commonly attended, concurrent colleges/universities:
University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) – Jeremy Corley: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Oklahoma State University – Stillwater Campus (OSU-Stillwater) – Brett Rowe: Brett.Rowh@okstate.edu
*Online courses only. Processes in both links must be completed for concurrent enrollment application.
Oklahoma State University – Oklahoma City Campus (OSU-OKC) – Tracy Edwards: email@example.com
University of Oklahoma (OU) – Haley Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC) – Xavier Jackson: email@example.com
Rose State College (RSC) – Jan Bugby: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requesting your Edmond North Transcript https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd04cm7BPaD2oLsiGaN0s0O5g6OB0aye3YYSwJnFyHcHDWiMg/viewform
Step 2 – Concurrent Enrollment
Now that you have applied to your concurrent enrollment college/university of choice (which includes completing the online application to your concurrent college/university of choice and requesting a transcript to be sent to the college/university) and downloaded any required forms (e.g. Concurrent Enrollment Approval form) that the college/university requires:
If you have not completed these initial concurrent enrollment requirements you still have time to do so, but just know that the window to select concurrent courses is going to be opening soon and you don’t want to miss out on opportunity to secure the class(es) you want as early as possible (before they start to fill up and close).
Concurrent Enrollment Next Steps:
- Print, complete, and submit the college/university Concurrent Recommendation/Approval form to your Counselor
- Student and parent/guardian signatures are required.
- On the form, please indicate the classes you intend to keep in your ENHS schedule (you may check Academic Planner in Infinite Campus to look at what classes you selected during pre-enrollment).
- A separate Concurrent Recommendation/Approval form must be completed for each semester of concurrent coursework you intend to take (including summer). Only Summer and Fall forms can be submitted together.
- Complete the ENHS Concurrent Enrollment Agreement. This form requires your initials, parent initials, your signature, parent signature and date submitted.
- Once you have completed the forms outlined above, *scan or take a picture of your completed Concurrent Enrollment Recommendation/Approval form and ENHS Concurrent Enrollment Agreement and email them to your North Counselor.
- In the body of the email please include the following:
- The classes you plan to take for concurrent enrollment.
- The ENHS classes you would like to drop to accommodate your concurrent schedule.
- *If you prefer you can submit the documents in person to the Counseling Office.
- In the body of the email please include the following:
Once all of the above outlined documentation is submitted to your Counselor, they will review the forms and reply to you via your EPS email with information of which you will be responsible for forwarding to your college/university representative (your Counselor will not provide the information to the concurrent institution for you).
Please allow your counselors 5 school days to review submitted documents and respond to you with further instructions.